W.S. Thomson published colour and black and white photographs in books, booklets, guides, magazines, and as postcards. The map below gives a flavour of hundreds of his pictures. More photographs are added regularly.
How this map works
* Find your place of interest by browsing the map.
* Click on a marker to open the info window.
* Click on the info window photo to enlarge the picture.
Above the map, you can FILTER your search by his books, his Let’s See Series, his postcards and other publications. Tick (✓) a box of preference.
- Available BOOKS are: The Highlands in Colour (1954) and Colourful Scotland (1956)
- Available LET’S SEE SERIES are: The West Highlands, Northern Highlands, “Auld Reekie”, and Wester Ross
- Available POSTCARDS are: individual postcards, Pocket Pictorials and Lettercards
- Available OTHER PUBLICATIONS
Below the map, you find the latest added marker.